About Me:

Hi everyone! My name is Samantha Pate and I am a Secondary Education major at The University of South Alabama. My main reasons for teaching are: I love seeing individuals succeed in life, therefore I am certain I will assist in the success of my future students. I also love sports and athletics. After I become a teacher, I hope to be involved in the athletic department and eventually become a coach. I would love to coach tennis or the cheer squad...two things I know a lot about. I hope you enjoy my blog. I will be experimenting with new web and networking sites to help increase my knowledge of technology to better my teaching skills in the future.

Relating to the Real World…

Throughout my life, I have always questioned my educators. I never thought I would use my assignments in the real world. I was always wondering the purpose of what we were being taught. As a future educator I know that I will have to stick with a specific curriculum, therefore it is my duty to find ways to help my students relate to these assignments. They will need to be taught the curriculum as well as real world issues. As a teacher, I will incorporate real life experience with the lesson. In a history class, I can highlight the events that may happen to the student in real life. Serving time in prison, fighting, or being injured are just a few examples. I want my students to be able to give real life experiences and share what they experience away from school.