About Me:

Hi everyone! My name is Samantha Pate and I am a Secondary Education major at The University of South Alabama. My main reasons for teaching are: I love seeing individuals succeed in life, therefore I am certain I will assist in the success of my future students. I also love sports and athletics. After I become a teacher, I hope to be involved in the athletic department and eventually become a coach. I would love to coach tennis or the cheer squad...two things I know a lot about. I hope you enjoy my blog. I will be experimenting with new web and networking sites to help increase my knowledge of technology to better my teaching skills in the future.

High Expectations

High Expectations is key. I believe every child should be pushed to do and achieve their very best. It is very important to enforce these expectations as a child. Many students do not receive discipline at home, therefore I feel it is necessary to enforce these expectations in the classroom. Each child will be different, therefore they must be treated differently in some ways. This does not mean the best is not expected from each child. I want my students to know that every child is given different gifts and talents. It is up to educators to help students find what they are looking for and where they belong. By encouraging my students and expecting great things from them, I hope that hold on to their dreams or whatever they choose to be in life.