About Me:

Hi everyone! My name is Samantha Pate and I am a Secondary Education major at The University of South Alabama. My main reasons for teaching are: I love seeing individuals succeed in life, therefore I am certain I will assist in the success of my future students. I also love sports and athletics. After I become a teacher, I hope to be involved in the athletic department and eventually become a coach. I would love to coach tennis or the cheer squad...two things I know a lot about. I hope you enjoy my blog. I will be experimenting with new web and networking sites to help increase my knowledge of technology to better my teaching skills in the future.

Parental Participation

In my future teaching career getting the parents involved is going to be one of my many challenges. At the beginning of each year I will make a great attempt to meet each parent or guardian. If meeting a parent or guardian becomes a difficult task due to certain circumstances, I will attempt to follow up with emails and letters to inform them with helpful information. I feel that a parents participation in the students school life is a very important asset and requires dedication from both teachers and parents. Students are more likely to succeed in class when parents are aware and up to date on their current studies. I will also encourage the parents to be involved in the students after school circular activities.