About Me:

Hi everyone! My name is Samantha Pate and I am a Secondary Education major at The University of South Alabama. My main reasons for teaching are: I love seeing individuals succeed in life, therefore I am certain I will assist in the success of my future students. I also love sports and athletics. After I become a teacher, I hope to be involved in the athletic department and eventually become a coach. I would love to coach tennis or the cheer squad...two things I know a lot about. I hope you enjoy my blog. I will be experimenting with new web and networking sites to help increase my knowledge of technology to better my teaching skills in the future.

My Teaching Philosophy

My personal goals and values will play a main role in my future teaching environment. It is of the up most importance that I keep these values in my life and career. By enforcing these values in my life, I hope to receive respect and commitment from my future students. I will also offer values such as: respect, leadership and time management to my students and fellow co-workers. I believe if I start out with a positive attitude and high expectations, it will “rub off” on fellow teachers and help the students to be driven. I believe that positive attitudes make leaders, which we need from our students. I also believe that having high expectations bring respect. In my own experience, I have developed a tremendous amount of respect for my professors who have the highest expectations of me. As an educator, my students will be my main priority. I know that I will have certain restrictions; however I know I will have a chance to change a life for the better. It is my job to make sure each child has a comfortable, yet strict and monitored educational experience to prepare them for the future.